Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

supportworks360

Enabling PDF Export for Embedded Power BI Report

Is there any way in which I can export my report/dashboard in PDF format from the Power BI embedded report? The export is available from the Power BI desktop and service but not from the embedded report. I also tried the Power Automate button. It is also not supported in embedded analytics.

I have shared the public link of an embedded dashboard with my client, but he can not export its pdf. Is there any way to do this? Help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @supportworks360 ,

Did you embed the report such that the ribbon is available?  This one:

collinq_0-1694636688115.png

If not, you might want to enable that in the embedding - BUT, be careful because I believe this is ALL those options or NONE (I don't think you can enable only the "Export" option....)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

@collinq The Screenshot that you attached to your message, is from the app.power bi dashboard before getting its public link. I am attaching the same which I have in my app.powerBI dashboard from where I can create its public link. But My question about exporting pdf is for the Embedded dashboard, the dashboard that anyone can access with a public link.
What you say?

supportworks360_0-1694802564029.png

Hey @supportworks360 ,

Do you mean for an external, public link?  I believe that by default that is turned off.  The theory being that you don't want data being exported from external, non-company people.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @collinq, Thanks for for your response, nope I can not see this ribbon in my embedded dashboard, can you tell me from where I can enable it?

Hi @supportworks360 ,

This article explains all the setting that you can put into your embedded code.  Configure embedded Power BI report settings in a Power BI embedded analytics application | Microsoft...

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors