Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yeltra22
Frequent Visitor

Embedding a Multi-Report App Into a SharePoint Site and Teams Channel?

Hi, 

I'm having issues embedding a mutli-report app into (1) SharePoint sites and (2) Microsoft Teams Channel. It seems that only individual reports will embed (or display), that the app with multiple reports combined into one will not. 

1. SharePoint Site:

I generated a link to embed the app into a SharePoint site.  When I use the link and post to Sharepoint, the app only reads as the first report (of the six shown).  

Is there a way to embed the multi-report app onto our company SharePoint site or are we limited to only posting individual reports? 

Please let me know if embedding the app (so it will display all reports) is possible and how to do this.  

2. Microsoft Teams Channel 

I am able to upload a BI report into a teams channel and have it appear as one of the channel's tab options (that run along the top).  However, there does not seem to be any option to add the created app (BI app that contains multiple individual reports) as a tab.  The created app is not listed under "Workspaces" nor listed when you lclick to look under the "Apps" section.

Please let me know if it's possible to add an app into a Microsoft Team's channel--not just an individual report--and how to do this. 

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide!

H

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Yeltra22 ,

You can view the following links, the new “Audience” tab allows App authors to create and manage audience groups within an App:

Announcing Public Preview of Multiple Audiences for Power BI Apps | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Micros...

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Liu,

Thanks for sharing the link -- that was helpful, but for a different matter.

I'm wondering if you can let me know how (if it's even possible) to upload an app into Microsoft Teams?  Currently,  I only have the option to upload each individual report, not app (the collection of all reports).  I want the app to  appear as the one and only tab at the top of the Teams channel. 

I can view our created app in the Power BI Teams app, but don't seem to be able to add as a tab to a channel.  That is what I am trying to solve for.  Hope this is possible.   

Added screenshots below to visually show what my issue is and what we are trying to achieve. 

Thank you in advance for any further guidance you can provide. 

Only able to upload individual reports, no app containing all of them to the top tab bar?Only able to upload individual reports, no app containing all of them to the top tab bar?Adding BI items: see individual reports as an option, no app option under WorkspacesAdding BI items: see individual reports as an option, no app option under WorkspacesClick the "App" option and still do not see the App to upload, just the indiviudal reports.Click the "App" option and still do not see the App to upload, just the indiviudal reports.link generated from "Share in Teams" option on the browser. Takes you to app in Teams, but it's not able to be couched within the Channel as intended.link generated from "Share in Teams" option on the browser. Takes you to app in Teams, but it's not able to be couched within the Channel as intended.only way to view the app in Teams cannot seem to post it as one tab in a channel.JPGonly way to view the app in Teams cannot seem to post it as one tab in a channelonly way to view the app in Teams cannot seem to post it as one tab in a channel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors