Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Prateek97
Resolver III
Resolver III

Embedding Power BI Report with Mobile Layout

Hi All,

I have created a Power BI Report along with its mobile layout. I have to embed this to my interna website using the link generated through the embed option on Power BI Service.

But when I try to open the embedded link on my mobile phone, it still does not show the mobile layout instead it shows the normal desktop version.

I have tried testing it on Developer Playground but to no avail. 

Any leads will be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
devesh_gupta
Super User
Super User

@Prateek97 Please make sure you are seeing this layout as the vertical. As of now mobile layout only shows in vertical not in landscape. In landscape mode, it still shows the desktop layout.

If it helps, please mark it as an accepted solution so that other users can find it more easily.

Hi @devesh_gupta ,

Thanks for your response. But I am viewing it in vertical mode only. Can you please suggest what steps would you follow to replicate the same?

@Prateek97 

1)Double-check that you've set up the mobile layout correctly in your Power BI report. You can do this by going to the Power BI Desktop, selecting "View" from the menu, and then clicking on "Phone Layout."

2)After publishing the report to Power BI Service, log in to Power BI Service, go to your report, and make sure the mobile layout is available and looks correct.

3)When generating the embed link in Power BI Service, ensure that you've selected the appropriate mobile layout option. There's an option to choose between "Mobile view" and "Fit to page."

If it helps, please mark it as an accepted solution so that other users can find it more easily.

Hi @devesh_gupta ,

I have checked point 1 and 2. The report is opening in the correct view in the mobile app.

When generating the embed link where is the option to select mobile view? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors