Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ddelapasse

Embedding Power BI Designer Inside a WebApp

Hi!  I manage a group of web developers and one of our products features a "build your own" report designer and corresponding viewer on top of our "engineering tool" application.  It's difficult to use and my manager hates it.  She keeps insisting that we swap out the product we currently use and "embed Power BI".  We don't want to create reports and embed those.  We want to empower our users to build their own accessing some sql server "flat" data tables we produce solely for reporting purposes.

Is this even possible?  I cannot get a straight answer, but the lack of info on google makes me believe it is not.  We currently have some type of enterprise Power BI license for the company.  Please point me to definitive documentation if this is even possible.

We would also like to do the same thing with Power BI Widgets - have the users create widgets from the reporting data that they can add to a public grouping and make them available to their coworkers. 

1 REPLY 1
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ddelapasse ,

Sorry, so far, to my knowledge, this may not be achieveable.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors