Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoeRobert06
Helper II
Helper II

Embedded PBI report within PowerApp and MS TEams

Question for the community:

I have a Power BI report published to our workspace and is currently embedded in one of our PowerApps. Everything is working just fine within the Power App; when navigating to the embedded PBI report, the user is asked to authenticate and all is good. However when embedding the PowerApp within MS Teams, Power BI is unable to authenticate the users. The appears as if an attempt is made to authenticate, by navigating to a web browser, but it is never completed.

Has anyone seen this?

3 REPLIES 3
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @JoeRobert06 

I wonder if you have checked the permissions on your dashboard/report to make sure those users who are unable to authenticate  have permissions. If your content is coming from a different workspace than the team's, you'll need to share it with people appropriately. 

For further information, please refer the following document.

Share Power BI dashboards and reports with coworkers and others 

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am the admin of the workspace and member of the MS Teams, i did not think this would be the problem. I went ahead and added the O365 group to the access list for the workspace and the issue is still there. When I select "sign in" from the embedded Power BI report within the Power APP and within MS Teams, the application navigates me to the web browser to sign in. Once I select "sign in" on the web browser, nothing happens. This issue is occurring for everyone else on the team.

Hi @JoeRobert06,

I know the above was some time ago, but have you managed to work out a solution to this? I have recently encountered a smiliar issue.

Many Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors