Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embed report within web application

Hi ,
I am trying to embed a power bi report with an application (based on .net & React) ,sothat when a user logs in he/she can see only his data in the report section within that application . I have followed the AppsOwnData Approach and using embedding environment i have downloaded the sample application.

1.So should i use the sample application which doesn't have some of the fields like script ..or should i use the sample file that MS provides in git hub repository?
2.Another query is In that particular solution what are the changes i have to do for the interaction to be happen ?as i have already created the application ..i have made the changes for web.config file like giving the report id,application id and so on but what are the other code level changes i have to do...could you please guide .. 
3. Except this embedding is there any other way to pass parameter from an application to the report  @GilbertQ @lbendlin @Ailsa-msft @ibarrau 

1 REPLY 1
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. Do you want to embed the application into your own website? Please refer to Power BI embedded analytics.

What is Power BI embedded analytics? 

Embed a Power BI item in a React application 

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors