Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embed report within web application

Hi ,
I am trying to embed a power bi report with an application (based on .net & React) ,sothat when a user logs in he/she can see only his data in the report section within that application . I have followed the AppsOwnData Approach and using embedding environment i have downloaded the sample application.

1.So should i use the sample application which doesn't have some of the fields like script ..or should i use the sample file that MS provides in git hub repository?
2.Another query is In that particular solution what are the changes i have to do for the interaction to be happen ?as i have already created the application ..i have made the changes for web.config file like giving the report id,application id and so on but what are the other code level changes i have to do...could you please guide .. 
3. Except this embedding is there any other way to pass parameter from an application to the report  @GilbertQ @lbendlin @Ailsa-msft @ibarrau 

1 REPLY 1
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. Do you want to embed the application into your own website? Please refer to Power BI embedded analytics.

What is Power BI embedded analytics? 

Embed a Power BI item in a React application 

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors