Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

neo1998
Regular Visitor

Email Subscriptions are not being sent

Hi, I have been having this issue for few weeks now, the subscribed dashboard is not sending any email even when I enter the Send Now option. Is there any outage because I do not see any issue with pbi service. 

4 REPLIES 4
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @neo1998 ,

Thanks to @Idrissshatila  for the advice on problem troubleshooting. In addition to these areas, you can look for and try to resolve the issue by following these steps.

1. Ensure that the subscription's dashboard has not undergone any changes that could affect the subscription. This includes checking to see if the dashboard or its name has changed, as the subscription is associated with the name of the reporting page. Also, make sure you have the necessary permissions and that the dashboard is not hosted in a workspace where email subscriptions are restricted due to administrator settings.
  2. As mentioned by @Idrissshatila , emails from automated systems such as Power BI may be filtered into spam or junk mail folders. Please check these folders in your email client. Also, verify that your organisation's email system is not blocking or filtering emails from Power BI.
  3. If the report uses RLS, the data in the subscription email will be based on the permissions of the subscription owner. Make sure this does not cause any confusion or issues with the data being sent. 

You can see more reasons why subscription emails may not be received at the following link:
Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
FAQs about Troubleshoot subscribing to dashboards and reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyifanwmsft_0-1711434323535.png

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

@neo1998 ,

check if the emails are going to the spam section.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @neo1998 ,

check if it has any issue, try to edit it then to save it, because sometimes the people who wants to receive the email may have a license expired thus it may have an error.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

It doesnt show any issue, I recreated the subscription and checked and even then, it shows subscription sent but I do not get any emails.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors