Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RichXM655
Helper I
Helper I

Editing a Google Analytics integration Dataflow

So, I've got a pair of dataflows running getting data from google analytics. one is the "1.0" version (for GA3) and the other is the "2.0" version for GA4 data. These are both working fine, so all is good.

However, I'd like to amend them. There's an extra dimension column that I now want to include, but I can;t work out how to get back to the part of the GA integration where I can select what is and isn't included, whether that's in the desktop app or the online app via "edit table". When that loads the query editor there seems to be an "added items" step illustrated with a pink cube that can only be edited via direct text edting. this is fine for deleting things, but not great for adding new things. Am I missing something?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ReportMaster
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @RichXM655 in this case I think there's no need for a dataflow. Also, the 2.0 beta connector still presents some issues from time to time. As a workaround, you can export your GA4 data to PBI using a 3rd party connector. The advantage is that every time you want to add a new dimension or metric, you can just go to the preview page, add the field you need and then directly export it to PBI. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA4 connector in the data sources list:

GA4-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA4 account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your G4 fields:

GA4-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

I don't think you are missing anything.  Desktop will show an "Add Items" button the ribbon and let you create another step, but Dataflows doesn't seem to show it.

I've always manually added new fields/measures.

Thanks. It's not exactly a solution, but at least it stops me wasting more time looking for what I'm missing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors