Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bwarner
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic URL Linking to Power BI Report - NOT WORKING

Hello,

I've had an app created for over a year now that has the main page (Overall) which uses Dynamic URL links to other Power BI Reports (Sales, Production and Financials). The URL links have always worked in the past, but now the URL links are no longer opening the report with the dynamic parameters via the Service (opens report as if no parameters are passed), but the URL links work just fine in the PBIX file. The URL links get resolved in two different ways depending on if you click it from the Service vs PBIX file (see below).

PBIX file Link

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps/6202129c-0fbe-4b47-ae2f-e0284d5bffc8/reports/8bfbbede-1472-4b...

Server Link

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps/6202129c-0fbe-4b47-ae2f-e0284d5bffc8/reports/8bfbbede-1472-4b...

I'm not sure what has changed on the Service or if it's just me going crazy. As you can see the PBIX file link uses %20 for a space while the Service link is using %C2%A0 for a space. I'm not sure how to fix this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bwarner 

I can't open the report you shared here due to the access permission. Based on my test, service is using %20 for a space.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

I only posted the links so that you can see the addresses are different based on clicking the links from PBIX file vs Service. If you right click and copy the address and paste to an editor, you will see that the service does not use %20 for a space. 

Hi @bwarner 

Oddly that I can't repro your problem, when I use the ?filter=Store/Territory eq 'NC' into the URL filter, the report link in service changed to below new one with 20% as the space:

10 (2).PNG

If I changed it to the %C2%A0 as space, it doesn't work:

11.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors