cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
thracian Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Do groups require Office 365 license?

Do groups/workspaces require an Office 365 subscription?

7 REPLIES 7
Power BI Team Amanda
Power BI Team

Re: Do groups require Office 365 license?

Power BI groups do not require an Office 365 subscription! If you do have an Office 365 subscription, you get to take advantage of extra features like connectiong to a group's OneDrive account, but without a subscription, you can still create and manage groups and connect to the other data sources.

andre
Advisor

@Amanda since I do have an Office 365 subscription I can't really test it out, but... is there a way to delete a group if one does NOT have an Office 365 subscription?

The only way to delete a group that I have been able to find was to use the Office 365 Admin portal.

Power BI Team Amanda
Power BI Team

@andre yes there is! You can edit the group and under that there is a button to delete the group.

delete a group.png

andre
Advisor

hmm, i don't have that option when i go to Edit group.  this is what i seeCapture.PNG

Super User
Super User

@andre are you the owner of the group? I just checked mine and both public and private with and without members give me the option to delete.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG MSBIWI
andre
Advisor

i should be, i created it

Greg_Esres Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I have the delete group button available...I've already used it several times.

BTW, there appears to be a name length limitation on the group name, but it doesn't generate an error. The process that creates the OneDrive folder locks up. My computer spend all night telling me that it might take a while. I tried several variations on the name, but finally shortened it, and it worked.