Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Elbartje1
Frequent Visitor

Direct query update stops

Hello all,

I have a direct query connected to an oracle database.

When I publish my report to PowerBi online (gateway is setup correctly) all works perfect.

But after x amount of time (1 hour - 6 days) no fixed time or I don't know what is triggering this, the query does not add new records to the data. If I change excisting records in the database I can still see the changes in the report but newly added records are not showing. I get no error messages.

If I republish the report all works well again, for a while...

I did multiple tests, different reports, combine import data + direct query data, only direct query data, very simple query, nothing seems to work.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction!

Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Any date range filters in the filter pane?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Elbartje1
Frequent Visitor

Problem is solved, the localtime function was causing a strange behaviour.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

sounds like your data model also includes tables that are fed by import mode queries ?

No, I have the problem when I connect my model to only one table in direct query mode (this was also my first thought what could be causing this).

Any date range filters in the filter pane?

Yes I have (forgot about it) I will test without the filter.

The filter uses the function DateTime.LocalNow() to only get the records from the past 40 days untill now. Maybe there is somthing wrong with the 'untill now' part.

It will take a few days, before I know it keeps working, I will keep you posted. (Strange thing is somthimes it even stopped on the same day).

There may be some caching going on too.  Usually with Direct Query you want to keep the transforms at a minimum, or at least guarantee that they fold completely.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors