Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

beckajohns
Frequent Visitor

Dataverse (CDS) Image Columns Not Displaying in Paginated Report

I'm working with the Power Platform and I have data stored in a Dataverse database in a Power Platform environment. I have a table (Service Tasks) with two image columns (Image 1 and Image 2). Full images are enabled for both columns.

In my Power BI Desktop report, I've been able to successfully display the image columns when I publish the report to the Power BI Service using the standard method of using the image column URL, creating a custom column to create the full ULR, and setting the field to Image URL.

beckajohns_1-1653669803670.png

This is great, but I have another use case that will require a paginated report.

Using the same published dataset, I created a Power BI Report Builder paginated report. I inserted the images into the tablix, configured them as external images and used the same fields as the Power BI report that I published to the service. When I publish the new paginated report to the service, I get the following error:

beckajohns_0-1653669597689.png

This report makes use of an external image which is not a supported format or MIME type. Please contact the report author to update this report and image (Image2).

Any thoughts on why I'm able to see the images in the Power BI Desktop report published to the service and I can't see the same images in a paginated report using the same dataset published to the service?

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @beckajohns ,

For paging reports, Display Image URLs as Image requires the following actions: Insert > Image > External > Add URL.

vhenrykmstf_3-1653898526467.png

vhenrykmstf_4-1653898560077.png

For more details, refer to the official documentation for the specific steps:

Add an external image to a paginated report - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Report Builder | M...

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-henryk-mstf  - I understand how to insert an external image. I followed those steps in the documentation ... that's how I was able to publish to the server and get the error that I'm receiving. My question is: why does the same image URL work in a Power BI Desktop report published to the service and the paginated report published to the server won't display the images?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors