Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

emmamilk

Dataset refresh error in Power BI workspace with Service Principal

Hi all,

I am seeing the below error with dataset refreshes across multiple workspaces and semantic models. 

Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table = [Schema = "xxxxxxx", Item = "xxxxxxx"]. Table = #table({"Name", "Data", "Schema", "Item", "Kind"}, {}). ;The key didn't match any rows in the table.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: xxxxxxx.Cluster URI:WABI-CANADA-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.netActivity ID:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000Request ID:83a2d0d4-3037-4ddb-9248-ee08640287abTime:2024-05-13 16:19:56ZDetails

The table names in the error will change with each failed refresh. When the error occurs, I will reenter the Service Principal credentials and the refresh will work again.

Is there any way to reduce the frequency of this issue? It happens a few times a week, and although it's a quick fix, I'm not sure why it keeps happening over and over again with the same data models in different workspaces. Not every data model will fail, but if there is a failure, it is always the same ones. Also, all the semantic models are pointing to tables and views in Azure Synapse, but each model is using different tables/views and there has never been an issue with the underlying data.

If anyone has insight into the root cause of this, please let me know!

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @emmamilk 

Could this possibly be when the data is being read from the table? It is not a complete table What I mean by that possibly is that the data is being loaded into the table at the same time it is being read and that is why it cannot find keys in the rows.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ, I don't think that is the case because some data models have a refresh triggered at the end of an ETL job in ADF, and some are scheduled to refresh in the PBI workspace hours after the data load is complete.

Hi @emmamilk 

Can you confirm that the tables do have all the data when the error occurs?

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ, yes the tables do have all of the data, I have not noticed an issue with the tables.

Hi @emmamilk 

If that is the case, it would appear that something else is going on and I would suggest logging a support ticket.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors