Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mdjobling
Frequent Visitor

Datamart missing tables

Is anyone else having issues with their tables disappearing from the Datamart? I've checked in SMSS and they're all still there, but the UI just doesn't show them:

mdjobling_0-1687971681736.png

6 REPLIES 6
jkindave
Regular Visitor

This happens to me frequently, it's a nerve-wracking experience when it happens the first time.  It seems to happen when the source data is being refreshed.  In my case there are other dataflows that are sources for my datamart.  If they begin refreshing - the tables will disappear from my datamart until complete - however, executing queries on the emply datamart still works (oddly enough).  However, if the refresh fails for some reason - too often - then the table will not re-appear until the refresh on the dataflow is executed without error.  This can cause someone to panic and unnecessarily re-build their datamart (again) when it doesn't need it.  This is sometimes difficult to navigate the root causes because the datamart owner may not own the dataflow and has no visibility into what is causing the refresh failure.  Hope this helps someone in the future from going through what I had to do to understand it. 

ScottSimmers
Frequent Visitor

Experiencing same issue recently.   The table/data remain active for reporting but not visable in the datamart UI.
I believe it started when the datamart was refreshing, and I went in to make a change.

Same issue here, 4 tables missing in the UI the following morning after the first scheduled refresh, but show in SSMS or Power BI.  Datamarts (Preview) are enabled for all users in the tenant. 

I have not experienced it in the last month.  My assumption was a bug if the update is running at the same time you return from the power query that causes the interface to loose the connection to the tables.   They were there upon returning from powerquery, but when I went back in later, they were not.   I had noticed the update was running at the same time I made a change.   I try to avoid this now.

It looks like it cleared up.  I'll be a little more patient next time. 

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mdjobling ,

It seems that the issue you are facing could be related to the Trident Data Warehouse (DW) preview feature in Power BI. The documentation notes that currently, Datamarts must be enabled at the tenant level and/or for any users of the Trident preview for the warehousing features to be available.

It is possible that the tables you are looking for are not showing up in the UI because they are not enabled for the Trident preview. You may want to check if Datamarts are enabled for your tenant and/or for any users of the Trident preview.

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors