Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mdjobling
Frequent Visitor

Dataflows not refreshing

Morning all,

We've come into the office after the bank holiday weekend to find out that every dataflow we have in a specific premium capacity has failed to refresh. The error message is vague and just states:

There was a problem refreshing your dataflow.

We didn't make any changes prior to the weekend, so we're a bit stumped as to what the underlying problem is. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mdjobling ,

Is your workspace V1? If it is V1, this is a known issue that has been submitted internally (ICM#: 258091404)

The solution is to upgrade the workspace from V1 (classic) to V2 (new).

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mdjobling ,

Is your workspace V1? If it is V1, this is a known issue that has been submitted internally (ICM#: 258091404)

The solution is to upgrade the workspace from V1 (classic) to V2 (new).

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks!

I checked it and it was a V1 workspace. We've upgraded and the dataflows are now refreshing.

Thanks for your help!

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You have to dig in to get the error. Go to schedule refresh in dataflows and download the excel with the error to read it. If you still have a weird message that is not helping you can go one by one the steps of the dataflow. If you still can't find it, move the code (copy paste table or code in avanced editor) to a Power Bi Desktop that keeps better track and messages for errors.

Let's see what error you have there because we can't help without the message 😞

I hope that helps,,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thanks for replying!

Unfortunately, that error message *is* the one from the downloaded CSV.

They run absolutely fine in Power BI Desktop, so it's not an issue with the Power Query code, but something in the service I would guess.

We've tried to go into a few and the dataflows appear to be stuck at Pending Validation. If I load the Power Query and try and resubmit it, we get the following error:

mdjobling_0-1630414179549.png

Which is another very unhelpful error message!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors