Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SolutionsWith
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow with multiple sources - single source failure

Hi,

I have a dataflow that has many seperate datasources sometimes 1 of the 12 data sources fails to load into the dataflow which causes the whole dataflow to fail. Is there a way i can catch that error and still allow the data to refresh in the data flow when just 1 source fails?

A little more context is that the failure is caused when a sql database doesnt respond. The issue is the DB capacity at the exact time this refresh query hits it

2 REPLIES 2
Kostas_pbix

I face a similar problem.

One data source is Azure sql database and the other Azure synapse sql database. The first has basic authentication the second is with gateway. 

When I import to dataflow the tables from each after saving an reopening the dataflow the Azure sql data base fails to respond getting back "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server"

I will combine two different dataflows to resolve this, but I need to check if there is another workaround.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

read about try...otherwise...  features in Power Query.

You can also consider breaking your dataflow into smaller pieces.  There is no harm in having multiple dataflows feeding your dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors