Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

-Rem-
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow shows connection to Web data source when I am not using any

I have created a new dataflow and if I look at it in the PBI Service, the Lineage View is showing a Web data source. Similarly, in the settings for the flow, there are credentials for that particular data source.

-Rem-_0-1618220928282.png

However, if I open up that particular data flow, I am never accessing that web data source in any of my queries. They are all either sourced through "Enter Data" or coming from SQL Server.

-Rem-_1-1618221020608.png

Ultimately, I'd like to remove this unused web data source because I fear it will cause problems further down the line. How do I best go about that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
-Rem-
Frequent Visitor

Well... exporting the JSON and re-importing it made the Web source go away. Still not sure where that web source came from (originally I tried using Excel on OneDrive as a source but I never selected a file so I did not expect this to create a source entry) but this issue is fixed now. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
-Rem-
Frequent Visitor

Well... exporting the JSON and re-importing it made the Web source go away. Still not sure where that web source came from (originally I tried using Excel on OneDrive as a source but I never selected a file so I did not expect this to create a source entry) but this issue is fixed now. 

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @-Rem- ,

did you check the advanced editor for each query?
Maybe one step is using the web source without showing it in the linage.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Hey Denis,

I checked now and for every query it shows me as source 

Source = Table.FromRows(...) when the source is Enter Data and 
Source = Sql.Database(...) when the source is SQL Database. I see no calls to Sharepoint in the M code for all the queries. 

Best wishes

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors