Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflow Incremental Refresh

I have a dataflow which is getting data from OneDrive every week. The time is referenced by Week number & Year(number). Using these 2 columns, I have created a datetime column(month), where

month=#datetime([Year],Number.RoundUp([Week]/13*3),1,0,0,0).

Using this month column, how can I set incremental refresh for the dataflow, so that only new/uploaded(on OneDrive) data gets refreshed, whereas remaining stay as it is.

I want the data from last 2 years only i.e. for 20th Sep,2020 I want the data from 20th Sep,2018 till 20th Sep,2020

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1.A DateTime column is required in the table.(YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS)
2.In your case ,filter by this DateTime feld and  set "Store rows from the past " as 2,  "Refresh rows from the past " as 7.

Here is the official document. 

9.21.5.1.PNG

In addition,If you want to Get Data from Power BI Dataflows and set Incremental refresh, follow these steps: 

1.Create parameter “RangeStart” and “RangeEnd” in Query Editor 
2.Right-click table name in Filed tab --> Select Incremental Refresh --> Input Store data for the most recent X days (e.g. 2 Years) and keep refreshing the data for the most recent 7 days (e.g. the last 5 days), if the day is not finished, just refresh to yesterday.

3.Publish to service --> Configure gateway -->Configure scheduled refresh.

You could take a look at this document  for more information.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,

Eyelyn Qin

Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @Anonymous - You can refer to the detailed Microsoft documentation for setting up incremental refreshes on dataflows

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/service-dataflows-incremental-refresh#:~:text=A%20dataflow%20can%20contain%20many,you%20would%20any%20other%20entity.

Please mark the post as a solution and provide a 👍 if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors