Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data source credentials for multiple Web csv data auto refresh

Hi @,

Maybe a basic question - just getting onto practice, would like to get experts opinion.

To start with I created a report based on appending 2 different web surveygizmo 'csv' links in power bi desktop through web 'Get Data'. I have published the same to the power bi service. In power BI desktop, I am aware that I can refresh both the queries at a click. Where as In power BI service I created a scheduled refresh - daily.

The question is regarding the Data source credentials in dataset 'scheduled refresh'. In that I see only one url being mentioned where as I need both the url's being refreshed daily. Can someone guide me here - Would the data is refreshed from both the url's even though only one url is shown in the credentials window ? If not, how do I refresh both the datasets from both the url's ?

Authentication and Privacy settings have no issue in this case. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I've seen all the data sources will get updated internally even though a single source is shown because it connects to all weblinks internally coded. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create your report in the desktop and publish it to service. Then you could see two URLs in the credential settings.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-eachen-msft , I still see only one url in the credential settings. I am not sure If the power bi service is pulling data from the second url. Please suggest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I've seen all the data sources will get updated internally even though a single source is shown because it connects to all weblinks internally coded. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, Can you please throw some insights on my question. Thanks a lot. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors