Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

greening2023
Frequent Visitor

Data refresh : deleting points on the map

Hi community PowerBi, 

I want to display a map with latitude and longitude coordinates.

The card works.

Except when I refresh the SharePoint data, all points get cleared.

Now the map is present but does not display any data.

How to do it?

Thanks 

Emma 

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @greening2023 ,

Please ensure that the latitude and longitude values are in the correct numerical format. They should not contain any non-numeric characters. Latitude values should be in the range of -90 to +90 degrees, and longitude values should be in the range of -180 to +180 degrees.

Check the source of your geographic data. If the data is being imported from an external file or database, there might be errors or inconsistencies in the original data.If you’re using code to process or input these values, review your code to ensure there are no logical errors that could be causing valid coordinates to be marked as invalid.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Hi, 

I just noticed when I refresh the source, the comma of my longitude and latitude is removed.

I don't understand where the error comes from.

Best regards 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @greening2023 ,

Please verify that the data source connection is correct and that you have the necessary credentials.

You can set the latitude and longitude fields are in Decimal Number forma in the data model .

In the data tab, select the Column and then change the Data Category under the Modeling menu to respective field (latitude or longitude).

Double-check the settings in the “Format” and “Layer options” panes of the map visual to make sure they match your data and requirements.

For details:

Power BI Map Not Working: Common Issues and Solutions (quicklylearnpowerbi.com)

How to Do Power BI Mapping With Latitude and Longitude Only - RADACAD

Solved: Create the Map in power bi with latitude and longi... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Thanks for answer. 

The connection with my SharePoint list is still active since all other data does not disappear but it does update.

The latitude and longitude fields are in Decimal Number forma in the data model : 

greening2023_0-1704791730085.png

The first time I see the longitude and latitude on the map, but as soon as I update it, all the points disappear.

But this error message is displayed: one or more latitude/longitude readings are invalid.

greening2023_1-1704791962896.png

Thank you for your help

Best regards, 

Emma 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors