Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dennes
Frequent Visitor

Data flow refresh using web connector fails with invalid credentials

Hi,

I installed the power bi gateway and created a data source using the web connector. When creating the data source, I gave it a name and the URL and configured as anonymous authentication.

When creating the data flow, I tried to use the name of the data source but it doesn't work, the web connector requires the URL again. Ok. Data Flow created.

However, I can't refresh the data flow, it always results in authentication error, the message is "Data source credentials are missing or invalid. Please update the credentials for Web in dataflow". I can't identify if the error is between the portal and the gateway or the gateway and the web site. 

The URL itself I can import if I use power bi desktop directly and it event work during the creation of the data flow, but not the refresh. How to troubleshoot this?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Dennes 

If just use this credentials to create a report and check if it could refresh in power bi service.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors