Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data discrepancy between Dataflow (Service) and Report (Desktop or Service)

Hello,

I am facing a quite complex issue with my dataflow :

• I have a dataflow that contains a query with several steps that transform a table, result is as expected in edit mode (Screenshot 1 below)
  • I have a report that use this same dataflow, without any additional transformation, but the data are different, result is not as expected, one column (column A) appear to have different value repeated several times (Screenshot 2 below)

Screenshot 1 - Dataflow :

Screenshot 1Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2 – Report :

Screenshot 2Screenshot 2

I’d like to precise that :

• Everything is properly wired, I have checked many times
  • I have tried to use different types (character, datetime, etc.), issue is still the same
  • I have tried to regenerate dataflow model in different workspaces
  • I have tried to use the same code/query in dataflow and then copy/paste this same code within the report, it turns out that I have the same result as expected on both => but this is not what I want, I want the code in dataflow only, for maintenance purposes

Is there anyone that have experienced a similar issue with dataflows and reports ?

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Antoine_fr
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem. I see lines in my dataset that are not in my report on Power BI Desktop.

I have absolutely no transformation in my Power BI desktop.

Did you get an answer on your problem ?

Regards,

Antoine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Antoine,

I did not get the solution, even when I have raised a service request.

I have identified a workaround that is not really convienant but it is the best I can have : disable the dataflow enhanced engine. Performance are not good anymore but at least the data are equal in dataset and in desktop.

We had the similar issue, where an erroneous duplicate record was deleted from the source.  The dataflow was showing the data correctly with the record removed, but the report was still showing the erroneous duplicate record.  Disabling the 'Enhanced compute engine settings' on the dataflow, refreshing the dataflow data, then refreshing the report got them in sync again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yangliu-msft,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have already try to troubleshoot in desktop report power query but operations are very simple : I am just retrieving the source that is the dataflow. I don't have other steps and operations, i don't get any error messages.

sb01_0-1610643352844.png

Regarding timing problem, i am not sure because i have tried to manage the column as text type but it also failed.

Best Regards

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce your scene here. You can ask the support team for better suggestions:

Support ticket:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

This is how to open a support ticket website:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/683031

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Thanks I have raised a ticket last week and i am waiting for further details.

Best regards

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

You can go into power query to see if there is any abnormal operation, or it may be a timing problem. The first test has not finished refreshing

There are similar questions, I hope to help you:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Refresh-error-quot-contains-duplicate-value-and-this-is-not/td-p/588890

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors