Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

VicCC
Frequent Visitor

Data alerts - is this a glitch?

Hello, 

I've seen several posts related to this but haven't seen a definitive answer on the problem I'm having.

I've set up a data alert, from a dataset which automatically refreshes overnight and any changes are correctly represented in the notification centre...the problem is twofold:

1) Despite having the email me checkbox selected, I don't receive a data alert notification

2) When there is a change above threshold, this does not trigger a Power Automate flow

Interestingly, this issue only happens when I'm not actively using Power BI i.e. weekends/non-working days. It does however perform exactly as expected when I'm actively using the Power BI service (manual and automated workflows work exactly as expected)

Question - does the email alert (both data alert and Power Automate flow emails) only send if a user is active on Power BI?

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @VicCC 

Could you check to see if the email is not going to your Junk folder?

If it does not make it to your inbox then it will not then get triggered by Power Automate!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors