Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GZavela
Regular Visitor

Dashboard subscription issue - needs at least one pinned report visual

I am trying to subscribe to a dashboard that I created.  I am setup as an admin with a Power BI Pro account, I have edit rights on the report whose visuals I am adding to said dashboard, and I have checked the Lineage view (picture below with names blacked out for privacy purposes) to confirm that the dashboard is linked to the report after adding the report visual.  However, I am receiving the following error message when I select Subscribe on the dashboard.

Error:

GZavela_0-1624998522050.png

Lineage:

GZavela_1-1624998894468.png

We have other dashboards that were created early last year which I am able to subscribe to.  However, when I create a new dashboard using the reports attached to one of the dashboards I am able to subscribe to I am unable to subscribe to the new dashboard as well.  I have never come across this issue before, and I am not sure how to proceed.  I have always gone to a report >> selected the pin symbol (GZavela_3-1624999306504.png) selected New Dashboard if I was creating a new dashboard >> went to the dashboard >> selected the Subscribe button.

I have already followed this link, Subscribe others to your reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs, from the Learn More hyperlink and everything is setup correctly according to the article.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GZavela
Regular Visitor

My manager and I resolved the issue; it is Microsoft Edge.  He had me use Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge, and I am able to setup the subscription now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GZavela
Regular Visitor

My manager and I resolved the issue; it is Microsoft Edge.  He had me use Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge, and I am able to setup the subscription now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors