Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GZavela
Regular Visitor

Dashboard subscription issue - needs at least one pinned report visual

I am trying to subscribe to a dashboard that I created.  I am setup as an admin with a Power BI Pro account, I have edit rights on the report whose visuals I am adding to said dashboard, and I have checked the Lineage view (picture below with names blacked out for privacy purposes) to confirm that the dashboard is linked to the report after adding the report visual.  However, I am receiving the following error message when I select Subscribe on the dashboard.

Error:

GZavela_0-1624998522050.png

Lineage:

GZavela_1-1624998894468.png

We have other dashboards that were created early last year which I am able to subscribe to.  However, when I create a new dashboard using the reports attached to one of the dashboards I am able to subscribe to I am unable to subscribe to the new dashboard as well.  I have never come across this issue before, and I am not sure how to proceed.  I have always gone to a report >> selected the pin symbol (GZavela_3-1624999306504.png) selected New Dashboard if I was creating a new dashboard >> went to the dashboard >> selected the Subscribe button.

I have already followed this link, Subscribe others to your reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs, from the Learn More hyperlink and everything is setup correctly according to the article.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GZavela
Regular Visitor

My manager and I resolved the issue; it is Microsoft Edge.  He had me use Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge, and I am able to setup the subscription now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GZavela
Regular Visitor

My manager and I resolved the issue; it is Microsoft Edge.  He had me use Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge, and I am able to setup the subscription now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors