Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jayaxe
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dashboard randomly display old data, have to manually refresh to get latest update

Since Mar 2023 till now, the dashboard visuals still randomly display old data and I have to manually refresh to update it. There are also several occasions when the same dashboard still display wrongly when I revisit it later in the day even after I manually refreshed. The automated email subscription sent are also sent with the wrong (old) data sometimes, as frequently as 1 out of 6 dashboards per day. Can Microsoft please look into this? I have been manually checking several dashboard everyday!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rhaddad87
Helper I
Helper I

Hey @jayaxe just to update you, I fixed my problem.  Turns out, it was a 3rd party visual (HierarchySlicer) that was affecting my report.  I deleted the visual and removed the visual from the visual pane and the report and the issue is resolved.  If youre having similar issues, remove any 3rd party visuals before you start pulling your hair out.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rhaddad87
Helper I
Helper I

Hey @jayaxe just to update you, I fixed my problem.  Turns out, it was a 3rd party visual (HierarchySlicer) that was affecting my report.  I deleted the visual and removed the visual from the visual pane and the report and the issue is resolved.  If youre having similar issues, remove any 3rd party visuals before you start pulling your hair out.

rhaddad87
Helper I
Helper I

@jayaxe I've been having similar issues with one of my reports as well.  It's been happening for the past month or so.  This report had been running fine until lately.  

My issue is the PowerBI report on the Desktop Service works completely fine, even when I refresh data.  The report looks exactly as it should.  When I upload that report to the PowerBI online service, it still looks fine.  Now, when I refresh the dataset on that report, a lot of values will go missing all of a sudden and I lose half the data on the report.  I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is wrong but ultimately, I have concluded that this is a Microsoft PowerBI Online service issue, and not an issue with my report or datasources.

Yes, don't worry we're on the same boat and nothing is wong with the report we created.

Just for your knowledge, I have tried contacting Microsoft support but unfortunately, they are 3rd party support. They did their best to help but I believe this is a back end issue and asked them if they can contact the Microsoft developers directly. Sad to say, they have no means to do so and told me to try issue an 'idea' in the forum in hope that there are many who also face the same issue and upvote the issue to get Microsoft's attention. Incredibly frustrating because it's been like more than half a year and the tool that is supposed to automate tasks now needs me to manually check.

I have also tried to make a completely new report and dashboard but the same refresh issue happens so it's nothing to do with existing reports. We can only hope more people face the same issue, complain and get Microsoft's attention.

Ah.  That is sad to hear.  For troubleshooting purposes, I did the same as you, tried a whole new report/dashboard, new dataset, same issue persists.  Now I'm wondering if I change the workspace if I will get the same issue.  I did just submit a ticket to Microsoft.  If I get anything of value, I will come back here and update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors