Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rileylin
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard not refreshing automatically

I have a semantic model from SharePoint that's scheduled to be refreshed at 8am every morning (with Premium workplace), and have report and a dashboard that is tied to that data model.

The dashboard will be sent out as an email to the team on a daily basis automatically as I subscribed the team to the dashboard.

It worked all fine for like a month, however, starting from last week, although the report is still refreshed as scheduled, but the dashboard is not refreshed automatically until I manually refresh the web page/the tiles, and due to the dashboard not refreshing as scheduled, the subscription to dashboard keep sending out data that's not most up-to-date. 

How can I get the dashboard to be refreshed when the semantic model and the report is automatecally refreshed like it used to?  

I have tried to repin tiles and clear my web cache, but that does't seem to solve the issue. Thank you for your help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leroy,

Thanks so much for your answer. I saw this post: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/Report-Dashboard-not-automatically-refreshing-afte... after I posted mine, so I tried switching from Microsoft Edge to Chrome and it did actually work this morning. However, the issue was on and off from last week, so if the issue appeared again, i will try your suggestion and let you know how that goes!

Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-linyulu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@rileylin 

Regarding the issue you raised, my solution is as follows:

1.Verify plan refresh status: ensure that the plan refresh for the semantic model was successful. This can be checked in the Power BI service by navigating to the semantic model settings and viewing the refresh history.

vlinyulumsft_0-1715065289047.png

2.Try Automatic Page Refresh: If the report is generated on DirectQuery, consider setting up automatic page refresh for the report.

vlinyulumsft_1-1715065304755.png

3.Between the fact that you're also in Premium Capacity, you can also try turning the Query Caching off and rebooting.

vlinyulumsft_2-1715065317411.png

4.If the dashboard is not refreshing automatically after trying these steps, then please let me know more about the letter:

Is it any specific tile on the dashboard that is not refreshing, or is it affecting the entire dashboard?

Were there any changes made to the underlying data source or report structure before the problem began to occur?

Knowing these details can provide further insight into the problem and help determine a more targeted solution.

5.Here is the relevant documentation hopefully it will solve your problem:

Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Leroy Lu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Leroy,

Thanks so much for your answer. I saw this post: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/Report-Dashboard-not-automatically-refreshing-afte... after I posted mine, so I tried switching from Microsoft Edge to Chrome and it did actually work this morning. However, the issue was on and off from last week, so if the issue appeared again, i will try your suggestion and let you know how that goes!

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors