Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dashboard and keeping filters

Hi

I have a simple report and dashboard, the dashboard with similar tiles, but pinned with different product filters.

Tile A: Revenue on citybikes

Tile B: Revenue on mountainbikes.

They both link to the same report, but when landing, the report shows the latest/default product selected. My end users gets confused, pressing citybikes they by default end up looking at mountainbikes (and must remember to switch product manually).

I examined tile/customlink as a workaround, but no luck.

I have searched a lot about this topic, am I blind - this must be a common problem? 🙂

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

That's kind of how Dashboard tiles work, they keep the filters when pinned. What you might think about doing is to edit the URL to which the tile points and point it to a link to your report that provides the right filter or bookmark. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg

Thanks for Your reply!

I tried both, but the problems are

1) Bookmarks created in Service are personal, and my superuser creates & shares dashboards with end users all the time. Last resort is creating them myself in Desktop before publishing, but that is less flexible "self service" wise 🙂 

2) Filtering by URL parameter is ok, but in a report opened with such a link end users cant change product - the filtered URL product is stuck.

But ok, maybe it's just how it is. I just thought I missed something too obvious.

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors