Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

GreggPowell
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboard Tiles stopped sizing correctly - tiles are imported into Power BI App

I have a custom canvass Power App with many screens - screens contain many imported power BI reports and tiles from the Power BI service. Two days ago, all tiles stopped displaying the text in the tiles, and only partially display the graph visuals. If I go into the Power App edit mode, I can resize the tiles, and the data (text/visuals) display properly (data is there), but the tiles no longer resize themselves properly allowing for the text they contain to be visible. Many tiles are small (60x40 pixles) and only display single 3-4 digit numbers. I've found that it is the vertical size that will not size properly - anything below 150 pixels height (vertical) for text, and anything below 290 pixels for visuals (vertical), and the text or visuals are either not visible, or partially visible.  I have changed nothing in either the Power App or Power BI Desktop where the power Bi reports are made, or in the Power BI service where they are published.   So whatever caused this must be something on the backend with Power BI and how the tiles are pushed to Power Apps and rendered. 

You can see in the image below - the squares (the one in the focus, and the ones I outlined in red show no text - but it is there if you make each tile larger (borders of all tiles removed). You can see the number 21.87 - it is enlarged so you can now see the text.

I did open a ticket with MS Power Platform Tech Support and they are working it, but, no answers yet. Assuming this is a systemic problem with some recent change they've made. i would add, this happens across multiple different Machines and all browsers. So it is not a browser cache problem that can be cleared on the local machine. Already ruled that out. It is also cross platform - if I check the App from my Android Phone, or any PC that I've tried - the same problem is encountered.

If anyone has some insight on this, would very much appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Gregg
S.V. Arizona

GreggPowell_0-1675993063904.png

2 REPLIES 2
GreggPowell
Helper I
Helper I

This forum is disappointing. Don't get many responses at all, and rarely any that are useful.

MAwwad
Super User
Super User

This issue with the Power BI tiles not sizing correctly could be due to several reasons such as changes made to the Power BI backend, limitations with the Power Apps rendering engine, or compatibility issues between the Power BI reports and the Power App.

To resolve this issue, it might be helpful to check if there are any recent updates or changes made to the Power BI service that might have caused the issue. You can also try to clear the cache and cookies of the browser you are using to see if that resolves the problem. Additionally, you can check if there are any known compatibility issues between the version of Power BI reports and the Power App you are using.

Another suggestion could be to try to create a new Power App from scratch and import the Power BI reports and tiles into it to see if the issue persists. This will help to rule out if the issue is with the Power App itself or with the Power BI reports.

If the issue still persists, it might be a good idea to keep the support ticket open with Microsoft Power Platform Support, as they should have more information about the current state of the Power BI service and any known issues. They will be best equipped to resolve the issue and provide you with a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors