Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

drinko
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboard Favorites replaced with Browse

The "Star" Favorites icon was mysteriously replaced with a Browse icon which I absolutely hate.  Now I have to go to Browse, then Favorites, and then see my reports.  The other problem is that most of my reports are now missing from Favorites.  It is totally inconsistent and unpredictable.  Does Microsoft rearrange the dashboard icons and mess things up like this?  Very frustrated with having something I use everyday get changed and now it doesn't work half the time.  It also makes the product like junk when I present in training classes and it doesn't work right.  Is there a solution to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @drinko ,

Please contact Power BI Administrator and Disable Help Power BI optimize your experience in Tenant settings.

vcgaomsft_0-1648445243883.png

Changes will take effect within 15 minutes, please wait.

vcgaomsft_1-1648445282615.png

Here are some references that may be helpful.

User experience experiments admin settings

Find your Power BI administrator

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_Gao

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
drinko
Helper I
Helper I

I totally agree.  Its the little things that are sometimes big things.  "Favorites" implies one click access and not buried under a Browse folder.  On top of that, I get a different list of Favorites each time I go to this link now.  It used to be the same list and I would use this 20 times per day.  This feature alone has cut down my Power BI usage by 25% because it takes too long to get quick answers for people....I now just pass on helping others where I was more helpful before.  This is by far the most poorly executed design I've seen in software.  I wish there was an option to go back to how it was before this non-enhancement.  I hope MS is listening.

JR_4570
Frequent Visitor

The fact that Favorites are now burried under browse is a very poor design. Why even have favorites if they cant be accessed at the top level, and why call them favorites if they are not going to be favorites?

Hi @drinko - like noted above, the 'Browse' experience you had was a part of an experiment. I wanted to let you know that the experiment, plus some usability tests, were a success with users when combined with some improvements we made to lists on 'Home'. We're pushing those changes to all users in early June 2022, more information here:

Coming soon: Changes to the Power BI service – simpler navigation, improvements to lists on Home, an...

Full page lists are still available under 'Browse', but the same lists on 'Home' show all content for 'Recent', 'Favorites', and 'My apps' now, not just the limited 12. So there isnt a need to go to the full page unless that's your preference.

is there anyway to please keep favorites on the main left menu.  I do not like the Browse.  Its a horrible change.  I click on favorites about 10 times a day and now there are extra clicks and I'm mis-clicking a lot more.  This is not an improvement.  Please allow the option to keep favorites on the far left menu.

Hi @drinko, all of your 'Favorites' are now listed on 'Home' as well...is that helpful at all?

Would you tell me more about the mis-clicks? Are your mis-clicks on the left navigation or when on the 'Browse' page?

Do you happen to use Office.com and use 'Favorites'? If so, I wonder what your feedback is on that experience as well.

I'm looking to learn a bit more and I will certainly take your feedback to the team. Thank you. 🙌

Again, favorites is buried under browse, so it is no longer convenient.  Also, I get a different list of reports every time I go here.  Plus the screen is slow to refresh after hitting Browse and I end up clicking the wrong folder.  The level of frustration over this change is immeasureable.  Please change it back.  Horrible idea to change something that worked.

Hi @drinko - do be assured we're listening and carefully testing all these changes before deciding to roll out. I hear you, the extra click to the 'Favorites' tab on 'Home' and the extra click to the 'Favorites' tab on 'Browse' are both just that...an extra click vs the old design being able to click straight to 'Favorites' in the left navigation via one click. I'll take your feedback to our teams and keep it in mind as we continue to test and iterate on how we help customers get back to their content as quickly and as easily as possible. Thanks for following up to my question.

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @drinko ,

Please contact Power BI Administrator and Disable Help Power BI optimize your experience in Tenant settings.

vcgaomsft_0-1648445243883.png

Changes will take effect within 15 minutes, please wait.

vcgaomsft_1-1648445282615.png

Here are some references that may be helpful.

User experience experiments admin settings

Find your Power BI administrator

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_Gao

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

For issues you may want to head over to https://issues.powerbi.com and raise a ticket. If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors