Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chrisinredlands

Daily Refresh Timing Issue

I've create a Power BI Desktop file, using a csv stored on OneDrive - Business as my data source.

I then published to a Power BI Service.

I was able to set my data source credentials and manually refresh the data in the Power BI service.

At this point I need to set up a daily refresh (I don't have a personal or on-premise gateway).

I set it up as the below image shows, so I think it should work.  But the options for scheduling a daily refresh are 6 hour windows (12am -6am, 6am-12pm, 12pm-6pm, 6pm-12am).  The time for the next refresh seems totally random.  I really would like to have a consistant time for the refresh, but there doesn't seem to be an option.

Any ideas how to set a consistant daily refresh time in this scenario?

DailyRefresh.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chrisinredlands,

A Pro licence is need to have a consistent time for the daily refresh like below as Eno1978 mentioned above.Smiley Happy

sr1.PNG

Regards

Thanks Eno1978 and v-ljerr-msft.

I can understand the Power BI team making a clear distinction in functionality between the Pro version and free version, but this implementation just ticks us off.  It comes across as a bait-and-switch.  Power Bi just moved down the list of our potential BI visualization solutions.

Hi @chrisinredlands,

In this scenario, I would suggest you to submit your requirement(remove the distinction in functionality between the Pro version and free version) on Power BI Ideas and vote it up to improve Power BI. Here is a similar idea for you reference.Smiley Happy

Regards

@chrisinredlands You can set the exact times you want to refresh when you are a "Pro" User... If you want to specify exact times or refresh up to 8x per day that would be the route you need to head.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors