Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mwassie
Regular Visitor

DMTS_OAuthTokenRefreshFailedError

I tried to refresh dataset in power bi and since 2 weeks I have had the below error. What happened?

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthTokenRefreshFailedError","pbi.error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthTokenRefreshFailedError","parameters":{"ConnectionDetails":"{\"kind\":\"SharePoint\",\"path\":\"https://franklintempleton.sharepoint.com/teams/ITACustOps\"}","CredentialType":"OAuth2","DatasourceType":"SharePointList"},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AADSTS135011: Device used during the authentication is disabled.\r\nTrace ID: 7f5e01c7-ff2b-400b-a4d4-6defd5f5db00\r\nCorrelation ID: 16423156-1a65-44ee-8cbd-88f71cd12d2d\r\nTimestamp: 2022-08-16 20:05:27Z"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AADSTS135011: Device used during the authentication is disabled.\r\nTrace ID: 7f5e01c7-ff2b-400b-a4d4-6defd5f5db00\r\nCorrelation ID: 16423156-1a65-44ee-8cbd-88f71cd12d2d\r\nTimestamp: 2022-08-16 20:05:27Z"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2146233088"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: OrgChartRiva.
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 5bb095f7-99d2-4fff-a966-d17106568e8e
Request ID: a3a300ba-e0b6-90d4-d4cd-6eaeebe4ce7d
Time: 2022-08-16 20:05:27Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @mwassie 

It would appear that there is an issue with the device used during Authentication?

If you could try and re-configure the authentication to SharePoint via the dataset settings, then data source settings?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @mwassie ,

The Azure Active Directory (AAD) OAuth token, used by many different data sources, expires in approximately one hour. You can run into situations where loading data takes longer than the token expiration (more than one hour), since the Power BI service waits for up to two hours when loading data. In that situation, the data loading process can fail with a credentials error.

Data sources that use AAD OAuth include Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, SharePoint Online (SPO), and others. If you’re connecting to such data sources, and get a credentials failure when loading data takes more than an hour, this may be the reason.

Microsoft is investigating a solution that allows the data loading process to refresh the token and continue. However, if your Dynamics CRM Online or SharePoint Online instance (or other AAD OAuth data source) is so large that it can run into the two-hour data-load threshold, you may experience a data load timeout from the Power BI service as well.

Also note that, for refresh to work properly, when connecting to a SharePoint Online data source using AAD OAuth, you must use the same account that you use to sign in to the Power BI service.

In addition, if you want to connect to a data source from Power BI service using OAuth2, the data source must be in the same tenant as Power BI service. Currently, multi-tenant connection scenarios aren’t supported with OAuth2.

For more information, please refer to: Troubleshooting refresh scenarios - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @mwassie 

It would appear that there is an issue with the device used during Authentication?

If you could try and re-configure the authentication to SharePoint via the dataset settings, then data source settings?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors