Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sannat
Frequent Visitor

Credentials issue

Hi everyone,

I’m really hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.  Connection is via dataflow from Dynamics 365 but I’m having a credentials issue that I can’t seem to resolve.  Hoping I’m missing something obvious.

At first credentials are greyed out until I open desktop, then it becomes visible and I can see the second screenshot:

Sannat_0-1709541702592.png

At first credentials are greyed out until I open desktop, then it becomes visible and I see this:

Sannat_1-1709541702594.png

1. For the first credentials issue it is telling me to remove the https:// from the server name format as it isn’t valid even though this has been working fine for some time.  Do I need to do this and if so where can I change it?
  2. For the second credentials issue I get this message:  Failed to updated data source credentials: MS SQL: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server.  The server was not found or was not accessible.  Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.  error: 40 

The first set of credentials are fine and connected in the same way via the same URL.  Desktop and system refreshes are successful. I’ve cleared the cache in desktop via options and signed in again via service.

Hoping someone help with the confusion please? Really appreciate any help. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

@Sannat 

The 2 things I try for this would be:
1) Delete this completely from service and republish this again and see if this works.
2) The SQL error generally points that the SQL server does not allow outbound connections (whitelisting the service IPs might be needed).

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Thanks for your response, the credentials are for my raw data connection to Dynamics 365, not for a report, would 1. work?

For 2, the odd thing is it's using this connection for the Dataflow. 

For the first screenshot, it's asking me to remove the https:// but I can't seem to see where I can edit this as all sources for data in direct query point to the dataflow. 

You might have to explain what exactly you are trying to do. I am confused now and don't know what you are trying to achieve here.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904
Sannat
Frequent Visitor

Morning, everything is refreshing as normal anyway, I can't identify what the two credential issues are referring to.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sannat 

What happens if you had to connect to the data directly in Power BI desktop instead of the dataflow does that refresh successfully?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors