Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vishal10306
Frequent Visitor

Create custom predefined date range slicer

Need your help to implement this date slicers There are 2 options which user can use to slice data- 

1) Predetermined 2) Custom

and use can choose any one of them (radio button is there) Can you help me to implement this ?

vishal10306_0-1699974631193.png

Any suggestions/help will be apprecaited!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vishal10306 ,

I understand what you mean, but unfortunately this is not currently possible in Power BI Desktop.

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

You can substitute the following programs:

You can create two slicers and two bookmarks, in bookmark 1, hide slicer 2, in bookmark 2 hide slicer 1, and then create two buttons for switching between bookmarks.
If this doesn't help you, look in the Custom Visual Objects store to see if there is a suitable date slicer.

vtangjiemsft_0-1700123065622.pngvtangjiemsft_1-1700123104073.png

vtangjiemsft_2-1700123172100.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vishal10306 ,

According to your description, here are my steps you can follow as a solution.

(1) We can create a calendar table.

Date = CALENDAR(DATE(2022,1,1),DATE(2023,12,31))

(2) We can add two bookmarks.

vtangjiemsft_0-1700101043061.png

vtangjiemsft_1-1700101080233.png

(3) Then create a bookmark navigator and then the result is as follows.

vtangjiemsft_2-1700101142147.pngvtangjiemsft_3-1700101181611.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Thanks @v-tangjie-msft for your reply... but this is not the solution I am looking for. 
There are 2 rado buttons and selected radiobutton slicer will be considered to slice the data.
and predefined slicer is dropdown with different redefined values.

Thanks

Hi @vishal10306 ,

I understand what you mean, but unfortunately this is not currently possible in Power BI Desktop.

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

You can substitute the following programs:

You can create two slicers and two bookmarks, in bookmark 1, hide slicer 2, in bookmark 2 hide slicer 1, and then create two buttons for switching between bookmarks.
If this doesn't help you, look in the Custom Visual Objects store to see if there is a suitable date slicer.

vtangjiemsft_0-1700123065622.pngvtangjiemsft_1-1700123104073.png

vtangjiemsft_2-1700123172100.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors