Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Frode1000
Regular Visitor

Create a dashboard that reports quiz winners

Hi!

I have a list in sharepoint online that we use to log the weekly quiz winners.

In its simplicity it is one column for week number and a second column for the winner - the crux here is that sometimes there are multiple winners: this is handled in the sharepoint list by a person colmn that allows for multiple entries.

I would like my dashboard to present a graph with a count of how many times a name occurs, now it displays the entries as is.

Although this case is for recreational purposes, the case is also valid for many other situations where we record multiple people in a person colum, like participants in a project...

Much apprecitated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Frode1000 

Based on your needs, I have created the following table.

vjialongymsft_0-1710221474818.png

Then you can use the following measure to calculate how many times the different names appear.

Measure = COUNT('Table'[Winner])

You can create another table and put the Winner and the newly created measure into this table.

This is the result you want:

vjialongymsft_1-1710221720704.png

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Frode1000 

Based on your needs, I have created the following table.

vjialongymsft_0-1710221474818.png

Then you can use the following measure to calculate how many times the different names appear.

Measure = COUNT('Table'[Winner])

You can create another table and put the Winner and the newly created measure into this table.

This is the result you want:

vjialongymsft_1-1710221720704.png

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

christinepayton
Super User
Super User

Assuming you're using a "person" type column to record the winners, you can expand that field out to get their email address, then do a distinct count on that in Power BI. I did a video tutorial here on how to connect to SP lists and expand "person" data if that helps? Distinct count is one of the auto-summarizations of fields, so you just drop it in a visual and click the menu on the field in the visual well to change the summarization to distinct if you want the "easy" way, otherwise you can also use DAX to make a measure to do a distinctcount on the email/usernames. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors