Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kevin_Brennan
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to documents in M-Files from Power BI Service

Hi

Has anyone had experience of adding a connection in OnPremise Gateway to M-files?

We can make the connection just fine when creating report via Desktop, but once published to the Service we cannot get it operative via the Gateway. I have made sure our Service Admin account has the needed access to the M-files vault and file within OK. But when adding the source file to the gateway and trying to connect we get an error message of "The logon session is not in a state that is consistent with the requested operation". I do not know what this means nor can I find anything when I Google it. 

Appreciate any tips.

Many thanks

K

6 REPLIES 6
Kevin_Brennan
Frequent Visitor

Hi Zoliv

I'm afraid to report I never found a solution. We ended up moving the data off M-Files. I have not tried again since I raised this so not sure if there is a later fix.

Rgds

K

Thank you very much for taking the time and respond. For now we are planning to do the same, but on the long run we want to find a solution. If we do I will let you know.

All the best,

Zoli

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kevin_Brennan ,

Do you use the following application as a datasource? If so, how can you connect it to Power Bi Desktop? I check the datasouce list but fail to find it.

v-yuaj-msft_0-1619148238369.png

It is hard to troubleshooting from your description without any detailed informations. Could you please share more detailed information about these issues? (e.g. snapshot, error message, configurations...) 

Have you tried to intall the latest version of On-premise Gateway and then do the next steps?

Best Regards,

Yuna

Hi

Yes it is that M-Files we are using. But it is just a filing solution. When we connect to the data we just use FILE => Excel 

Data refreshes fine via Desktop, it only when on the Service that we have problems. Here is full error message...Connection Error.JPG

Thanks

K

This is datasource as it shows when trying to add it to the gateway...

Gateway data source setup.JPG

Hi Kevin, I would be grateful if you could let me know if you solved this problem and how? 

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors