Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BenjaminD
Frequent Visitor

Connect to on premise exchange server with power bi service

Hi,

I'm trying to get data from on on premise exchange server. It's working well with the desktop but nothing is retrieving with power bi service.

Is there's something to configure in the gateway ?

thanks for your answer.

9 REPLIES 9
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @BenjaminD,

It seems that you could load the data from on premise exchange server successfully in Power BI Desktop but have problem in Power BI service?

If you get any error message in Power BI Service, could you upload it so that we could find the reason to cause this problem?

If it is convenient, could you upload a screeshot for your Dataset for the exchange data source in Power BI Service like below?

setting.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It seems that you could load the data from on premise exchange server successfully in Power BI Desktop but have problem in Power BI service? Yes that's right

If you get any error message in Power BI Service, could you upload it so that we could find the reason to cause this problem? No error, just no data.

If it is convenient, could you upload a screeshot for your Dataset for the exchange data source in Power BI Service like below?

Here it is:

emailbi.png

It seems that the gateway is not used.

Hi @BenjaminD,

From your screenshot, it seems that your data source should be Microsoft Exchange Online.

Maybe you connceted data source with the Microsoft Exchange under the Other list in Power BI Desktop, but the on premise Exchange and Exchange online are using the same connector, it will judge whether your data is online or on premise based on the actual data you connect.

For your situation, it seems that your data should be online, so you do not need to configure the on premise gateway, but You need to enter your credentials with OAuth2.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am able to connect to microsoft exchange online but I wanted to get the data for the message body also. The data I retrieved is missing email body. Is their any way to do this? 

hi @v-piga-msft,

Our data source is not online. Our AD is synchronise with Azure AD but only accounts are transfered. No mails or meetings.

When using oauth2, it's refreshing well but no data is retrieved.

I really need to connect to the on premise exchange server but don't know how.

thanks.

stll having the problem...

hi,

is there a way to force the connexion to onpremise exchange server ?

Thanks

hi @v-piga-msft,

still having the issue. is there a way to force the connexion to onpremise exchange server ?

Thanks

hi,

Still having the problem... still having the same question:

is there a way to force the connexion to onpremise exchange server ?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors