Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

D_Eichenberger
Frequent Visitor

Clustered Column Chart Bug when published

Hi there

We have an issue since Monday 08/23/21 that any clustered bar chart in our reports show wrong values when published (web or mobile app alike). When I open the report as local PBIX file, everything looks correct:

D_Eichenberger_0-1629959493747.png

But once published, the same Page shows this:

D_Eichenberger_1-1629959531384.png

When I change the vizualization in the PBIX and publish it again, it works just fine. Is there a known issue related to the App and this chart?

All the other vizualizations look just fine. It is only the clustered column chart which is off. No filters applied in the app.

Thanks ahead

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @D_Eichenberger 

I can reproduce the problem now, and I'll do some research on it. if there is any progress, I'll let you know .

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
D_Eichenberger
Frequent Visitor

@v-xiaotang 

I found out that the visual breaks when I add a limit to the Y-Axis:

D_Eichenberger_0-1630308797651.pngD_Eichenberger_1-1630308874191.png

The limit for the "RSU CN" is set to max 4'000'000, the others do not have a limit. Can you reproduce that maybe?

Hi @D_Eichenberger 

In my side, I can not reproduce this problem. Probably because I'm using a fixed column.

vxiaotang_1-1630309907025.png

vxiaotang_0-1630309889037.png

could you share your file after removing sensitive information? you can remove raw data, and replace it with fake data. and I'll check it later.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-xiaotang 

I have prepared a demo file which shows the issue perfectly.

Remove the limit on the Y-Axis and all data are visible (in published mode). Enter any value into Y-Axis and one of the bars will disapear.

https://we.tl/t-8TOQRlZwwH

Hi @D_Eichenberger 

I can reproduce the problem now, and I'll do some research on it. if there is any progress, I'll let you know .

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xiaotang 

Apparently this bug / issue has been fixed. I realized that all my previous published dashboards where this issue occured as well, look as intended again by today morning.

Thank you for your help.

D_Eichenberger
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xiaotang 

Thank you for your reply. I just selected a different visual from the selection. That did the trick then.

D_Eichenberger_0-1630305752329.png

I just realized today, that if I delete the "faulty" visual and redo it the exact same way as it was before, it works again. No idea what the issue is here.

Hi @D_Eichenberger 

thanks for your reply, are there any visual level filter? please check here,

vxiaotang_0-1630306539652.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

No, none at all

D_Eichenberger_0-1630307846555.png

After replacing all 4 visuals on the first page. It worked once after the first upload. After a few additional changes, the visual is already partially broken when published -.-

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @D_Eichenberger 

I can not reproduce your problem, in my test, it works fine.

When I change the vizualization in the PBIX and publish it again, it works just fine.

could you tell me how you changed the vizualization in the PBIX? 

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors