Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amgadalamin
Frequent Visitor

Cherwell Data Connector

I’m building a Power bi report and I’m getting the data from Cherwell. I installed the Cherwell Data Connector on PBI desktop through Cherwell and got the data with a Client Key. After I published the report I figured that I can’t refresh the dataset on PBI service (Even though I can do that on PBI desktop after signing in). I believe the reason why it’s not refreshing is PBI gateway doesn’t have “Cherwell Data Connector” as an option. When I use the personal gateway and sign in it tells me... 

Failed to update data source credentials: 

Activity ID: 
Request ID: 
Status code:400
Time: 
Service version: 
Client version: 
Cluster URI: 

Is there any easier way than building a custom connector? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amgadalamin ,

If @nickyvv 's answer can solve your problem, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Lionel Chen

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

@amgadalamin, based on the feedback here and on google, I don't think this is possible.

Yet 😉. Because there already seems to be a Power BI idea: Connect to Hosted Cherwell data sources to allow Power BI to do analysis on Service Requests, Incide... 

So you could vote on this and get more people that want this to vote also.

UPDATE

I may have jumped to conlusions a bit early.. 😀

According to Cherwell themselves, you can add their custom connector to Power BI (Desktop and the gateway).

You can read up on how to use custom data connectors with the on-premises data gateway.

Did this help you or did I answer your question?
Then please give kudos or mark my post as a solution!
My blog: nickyvv.com
Twitter: @NickyvV

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors