Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LA17
Frequent Visitor

Card visual online only showing 0% even though the records are more than that in power bi desktop

I have a card visual referencing a measure, but when I refresh the report online the visual defaults to 0% even though there is more than 0% in the measure. Power bi desktop shows correct % but when I publish it defaults to 0%.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hi @LA17 , you may have some filters selected in the Service which are giving you that value (Power BI persists filters between sessions). Try reseting them, it may solve your problem. To reset the filters (icon on the left) and refresh the visuals (icon on the right) go to the top right corner:

goncalogeraldes_1-1688723415103.png

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

You can also check out my LinkedIn!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LA17
Frequent Visitor

Hi @goncalogeraldes 
I have reset the filters many time, I have deleted the file online and published it again, cleared my permissions and connected again, nothing works. but as soon as I hit the refresh button online it goes back to 0%.
It has been a week now since this problem.

Hi @LA17 , is the .pbix file also updated to the same date as the Service file? When you hoover over a table name on the right, you get the following pop up box:

goncalogeraldes_0-1688729702823.png

On another note, do you have incremental refresh in any of your tables? If yes, what is the policy? Can it be the cause of these values?

For additional help, please @ me in your reply!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

@goncalogeraldes  Just an update,
I fixed the issue,
So the column that had true/false was used as a text, somehow got messed up in the service as it was true/false format before. so I changed the data type to terue/faslse and it seems to be working.

Thanks for the effort to assist.

Hi @LA17 , is the .pbix file also updated to the same date as the Service file? When you hoover over a table name on the right, you get the following pop up box:

goncalogeraldes_0-1688729702823.png

On another note, do you have incremental refresh in any of your tables? If yes, what is the policy? Can it be the cause of these values?

For additional help, please @ me in your reply!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

Hi @goncalogeraldes  The dates are the same,
It seems the issue is on the columns used on the calculations for the measure on the card.
The somehow becaomes all 0 , first one is a text table of true/false but for some reason it becomes all blanks in the service and the one with 1s&0s just becomes os no ones, which results in the card displaing 0%

goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hi @LA17 , you may have some filters selected in the Service which are giving you that value (Power BI persists filters between sessions). Try reseting them, it may solve your problem. To reset the filters (icon on the left) and refresh the visuals (icon on the right) go to the top right corner:

goncalogeraldes_1-1688723415103.png

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors