Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Fotten88

Cannot use PowerBi data source to connect with SharePoint

Several of our users gets various error messages(in Dutch), for example:

P1.pngP2.pngP3.pngP4.pngP5.png

"The Oauth authentication method is not supported for this data source"
"The refresh token has probably expired. Go to the dataset setup page and re-enter the Oath2 credentials for the sharepointlist data source"

-Both the Oauth2 and Anonymous authentication methods have been used, but the issue persists

-MFA CA policies have been excluded for the user's account S.Joosten@nester.nl which is used to authenticatie, but the issue persists.

-When I login as administrator under the app.powerbi.com evironment, I cannot access the data source.

I am not experienced with PowerBi, could you help me out? How can I as an administrator refresh the token or make it so that the Oauth or a different authentication method does becaome valid for the SharePoint data source?

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. That's really weird. How are you connecting your data?

I have always used the following methond and never had issues, not even with MFA

https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/185337134590/alternativa-para-conectar-power-bi-a-onedrive

Using the path route for the excel file on a web content should work. Be sure that all the tables connected with sharepoint are using the exact same method.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors