Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot get incremental refresh working

I'm trying to get incremental refresh working in our environment.  We have a premium workspace that I am publishing to.  I have a table with an AccountingDate column (DateTime) that I have imported into my desktop PowerBI.  I've defined the RangeStart/RangeEnd parameters and filtered against the AccountingDate column.  I have enabled Incremental Refresh against the query.  I can publish to the service, I get a successful message, but when I go to the service to look at the dataset, there is a warning icon.  When I click on the technical details, I get

Untitled.png

If I remove the Incremental Refresh option from the query, I can publish and refresh fine.  I don't know how to get around the error about unable to evict the database or what that error means.

Another interesting thing I noticed.  After publishing 'with' Incremental Refresh option enabled, if I look at the settings for the dataset and go into parameters, I do not see RangeStart/RangeEnd, but maybe they are not showing because they are reserved parameters and cannot be modified.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wound up downloading the October 2020 edition of PowerBI desktop (I was previously using a July 2020 edition) and created a new project which allowed me to get incremental refresh working.  Unfortunately, any previous pbix files that I had been playing with regarding incremental refresh would no longer open - I just received an error that something went wrong. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You may refer to these blogs about incremental refresh in Power BI.

Blog1: Incremental refresh in Power BI

Blog2: Incremental Refresh with Power BI Premium

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem,we suggest you to open a ticket here for help : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wound up downloading the October 2020 edition of PowerBI desktop (I was previously using a July 2020 edition) and created a new project which allowed me to get incremental refresh working.  Unfortunately, any previous pbix files that I had been playing with regarding incremental refresh would no longer open - I just received an error that something went wrong. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors