Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kevinshunt63
Frequent Visitor

Cannot assign dataset to a gateway that has SSO configured

Hello,

Our network folks have configured an on-premise gateway for SSO using kerberos.  The report uses SAP BW App server connector and our system is BW/4HANA.  My report uses my credentials so basic authentication.  I have published to Power BI online but when I try to assign this dataset to the gateway that is configured for SSO, it is not available in the list.  What is available in the list is a gateway connection that uses basic authentication (not what is required). 

How can I associate the gateway connection configured for SSO when that particular choice is not showing up in the selection as below?  Then name of the gateway connection I need to assign is: BWD & I'm not sure how to get it to show up in this selection list.

Thank you,

Kevin

2021-02-12_15-08-08.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kevinshunt63 ,

Check if the official documentation provided can help you. If the problem is still not solved, can you provide detailed steps to connect to the data source using the gateway so that I can provide you with further assistance.

Configure Kerberos-based SSO from Power BI service to on-premises data sources - Power BI | Microsof...

Let me know immediately and looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kevinshunt63 ,

Check if the official documentation provided can help you. If the problem is still not solved, can you provide detailed steps to connect to the data source using the gateway so that I can provide you with further assistance.

Configure Kerberos-based SSO from Power BI service to on-premises data sources - Power BI | Microsof...

Let me know immediately and looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors