Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't refresh your data: The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid.

Hello!

We have 3 admins in our workspace and for more than 2 years we have been able, any of us, to manually refresh the dataset when needed. Now, all of a sudden, only I can refresh the dataset, because I am the owner of the dataset, while the two other admins cannot. This is the error message they are getting:

Can’t refresh your data
The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources.

We contacted Power BI, but they are useless. This is the answer that we got:

Hello Gjorgji Rankovski,
Greetings from Microsoft …..
Apologies for the delay in response , we had an update from our product team that as a work around The dataset owner may work around this issue by republishing the dataset again. A newly published dataset will have this issue. A dataset that has been republished should not. And also we had a fix deployed in all the cluster by ” 04-12-2019 “ ,We appriciate youre understanding. Appriciate to hear from you

We are republishing the dataset often and it doesn't help.

We want any of the admins to be able to refresh the dataset manually when needed. 

Does anyone have any idea what we can do? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not helping - I'm having the same issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently they will fix this on 12th of April...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors