Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

molbit

Can't connect to redshift via service

I can connect to redshift with desktop but not via the service.  I think I added the correct IP address.  Our cluster is configured with force_ssl=true, if that matters.  Getting this error:

The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources.

Activity ID:1525d65b-6f61-bcfd-336b-2e203c61a4d9
Request ID:469a52ea-77e4-95a4-c24f-21c557bf7f16
Status code:400
Time:Thu Apr 20 2017 21:03:04 GMT+0300 (Jerusalem Daylight Time)
Version:13.0.1700.1829
Cluster URI:https://wabi-brazil-south-redirect.analysis.windows.net

5 REPLIES 5
Dhineshkumar_E

Am getting similar error with the same scenario. is there any solution yet. please share.

fbachmann

Hey, I have the exact same problem, I guess it is also because PBI Web Service is not only using simply one IP address to connect to redshift. If there would be a list of all IP addresses used by PBI Web Service we could whitelist them on our redshift cluster. 

This is really a problem for companies concerned about security. 

Best,

Flo

ashwanth_pasu
Frequent Visitor

Did anyone solve this? Even I get the same error

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@molbit

As the error message said, you credential is not valid. You need to edit the credential in Datast Settings. For more details, please see: Announcing support for Amazon Redshift connectivity in the Power BI service

Regards,

I don't think that's the problem.  I don't see any new entries in STL_CONNECTION_LOG after creating credentials and connection attemp.  Like I said, I'm pretty sure the ip address is correct.

Whereas in desktop, the connection is successful and appear in STL_CONNECTION_LOG.  Though in desktop it gives a warning says, "source doesn't support encryption" even though force_ssl=true.  (Not sure if that's related.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors