Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

-Rem-
Frequent Visitor

Can I save costs with Power BI Premium?

I am working with an organisation that has around 150 PBI Pro licenses in use. The vast majority of those are actually only used for people who consume reports only. I am now looking to find a way to save the organisation some costs and I am exploring the capabilities of Power BI Premium in this regard. The P1 node is out of the question but recently I saw that there are various other nodes available like A or EM SKUs.

Currently the organisation has a clear set of reports delivered via app.powerbi.com to users, namely through an app in a workspace. The company presently also uses both Teams and Sharepoint. 

For my understanding:

a) To be able to provide reports to users via Power BI premium, I would need at least an EM1 SKU since this allows for embedding in Teams or Sharepoint?

Furthermore, the reports rely heavily on RLS, which leads me to my second question:

b) Is it possible to use RLS together with an EM1 SKU for users that do not have a Pro license? If not, are there alternatives? 

Finally, the company has some scenarios where they are currently using PowerApps and embedding Power BI in model-driven Power Apps. Final question:

c) Would I be able to integrate EM1 SKUs in model-driven PowerApps just as I am currently doing with Power BI Pro?

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @-Rem- ,

Please review the following documentations and you can get the answers from them:

a). c)

Understanding the Power BI Capacity Based SKUs

Power BI Capacity based SKU

b) Free users can't see report with RLS although workspace is Premium

How to purchase Power BI Premium

Power BI Premium calculator

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors