Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

denis_shumilin
Frequent Visitor

[Bug] Removed All Reports and Dataset after deleted copy of any report in workspaces

A very dangerous and unpredictable bug was discovered yesterday. I publish the dataset in the Power BI Service and create reports based on it, which I also publish. Since when the dataset is published, an empty report is also created with the same name as the dataset has, we delete this empty report. Open the published report(linked with dataset) and create a copy based on it via File> Save a Copy.

Further, if we want to delete this copy of the report through the context menu, then event is triggered that delete all reports associated with this dataset and the dataset itself. It was also found that if you do not delete the empty report from dataset, then the above described of reports will not be deleted. It was also found that deleting a copy of a report that was created through the context menu of the workspace (without going into the report itself) also does not trigger an event for assigning all reports and dataset. This behavior seems very strange, and given the fact that all information is deleted.

It looks like  very dangerous bug.

It was tested in different tenants and different workspaces.

1 REPLY 1
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @denis_shumilin 

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I tried to test this issue but the same event didn't happen. I did the same test as you did, I deleted the blank report and then deleted the new copy of the report and the same event as yours did not happen.
Here is a video of my test, in which I have deleted the blank report, sorry for the video with zip file.
How did you create your report and what is your data source? Log back into the service and test again to see if the problem goes away.

If it is convenient for you, providing a video with detailed operations will be of great help.

Thank you again for your efforts.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors