Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Marshmallow
Frequent Visitor

Boundary line created in the mapbox doesn't appear in power bi desktop.

Hi There,

I am at my wit ends with the mapbox. I have created my styles in the mapbox and request my own access token from the mapbox. 

However after I entered those details in the mapbox, the boundary lines disappeared.

any suggestion what did i do wrong? do i need to publish my style in the mapbox before using it in power bi?

Below is the snippet of what appears in the mapbox:

Marshmallow_0-1709077276509.png

but in power bi - it looks disappointing.

Marshmallow_1-1709077330524.png

Can someone please help?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Marshmallow
Frequent Visitor

Hi Jianpeng,

Thank you for the respond. I am using mapbox on this occasion, so the arcgis, map and shape map protocols will not work. 

Do you know how to solve the issue but for mapbox map with boundary line to be shown on the power bi?

Hi, @Marshmallow 

Thank you very much for your reply. You can try to publish your style in mapbox and follow the steps to check whether you configured mapbox correctly. The following are relevant links to configure Mapbox in detail. You can check whether your operation is consistent with the operation of the article to ensure that no relevant necessary operations are left behind.
Importing Mapbox Maps into Power BI - The Data School Down Under

Please ensure that the Mapbox style is correctly applied in your Power BI. The parameters in the picture are the same as those configured on the Mapbox platform.

vjianpengmsft_0-1709172570940.png

vjianpengmsft_1-1709172598722.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Marshmallow 

First, you need to check whether the map-related settings of your Power BI Desktop are turned on, making sure ArcGIS and Map and Fil Map are turned on, as shown in the figure below:

vjianpengmsft_0-1709085422086.png

vjianpengmsft_6-1709086692968.png

Power BI integrates with Bing Maps to provide default map coordinates (a process called geocoding) so that you can create maps. The Power BI service and Power BI Desktop send Bing the geo data it needs to create the map visualization. This data may include the data in the Location, Latitude, and Longitude buckets of the visual's field well. If the Boundary line does not appear in your Power BI, you can try adding the relevant Latitude, LongLatitude and Location.

vjianpengmsft_1-1709085944022.png

If you don't have Latitude and LongLatitude, you can try the following steps:

vjianpengmsft_2-1709086095005.png

vjianpengmsft_3-1709086110473.png

vjianpengmsft_4-1709086126057.png

vjianpengmsft_5-1709086141725.png

The following links can better help you create your Map Visual in Power BI:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-map-tips-and-tricks

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualizations-arcgis

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-filled-maps-choropleths?ta...

How to Create and Use Maps in Power BI (Ultimate Guide) (spreadsheeto.com)

Create a Map in Power BI (tutorialgateway.org)

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors