Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Petsnell
Helper I
Helper I

Bookmarks/filters are not saved on Sharepoint Site

I have an embedded Power BI app on my Sharepoint Site, which works fairly well. However, the Sharepoint Site does not seem to save users filters and bookmarks. 

For example, if I refresh the Sharepoint Site my active filters are removed and the app goes back to its reset state. If I add a personal bookmark in the app and make it default, this is not reflected on the Sharepoint Site. 

Any idea on how I can reach my goal of allowing users to save their filters? Preferably through some kind of persistent filtes in Sharepoint. 

The table in question is built with field parameters and has a slicer for filtering. 

3 REPLIES 3
Petsnell
Helper I
Helper I

@v-tangjie-msft  JavaScript in SharePoint is blocked for my organization, am I missing another way to implement this?

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Petsnell ,

I found some possible solutions for your problem:

-You can enable the persistent filters feature in your Power BI embedded app.

-You can create a custom web part in Sharepoint that uses the Power BI API to interact with the embedded report and save and load filters and bookmarks.

Please refer to the following documents for more information.

Enable persistent filters in a Power BI embedded analytics application | Microsoft Learn

Enhance your users' experience with bookmarks in Power BI embedded analytics | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Thank you, I look forward to trying this. A bit clunky that, from what I gather, it has to be done through JavaScript as opposed to the Power BI-embed option in Sharepoint, but I guess there is a reason. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors